Hi to all. I am fairly new to this board and joined when I was trying to find out more about the MCM warehouse sale. I learned so very much from all who had posted messages on this board. It was so very helpful to us but nothing quite prepares you for the benefit sale. It is just overwhelming once you pass through those doors. It was terribly hot in the warehouse on Saturday but you find ways to cope (maybe hurry up and get what you came for). There was a 74 year old in our party of 4 adults and an 83 year old, who wanted to come, needless to say, they shopped very quickly. We had a great time but I was glad to leave the warehouse. Everyone was very helpful that worked that day; that was appreciated also. Our main problem was the hotel we were staying at gave us directions to the American Girl Warehouse instead of the Benefit Sale Warehouse but we had left in plenty of time to meet our 7:45 time so luckily were able to locate where we were supposed to be. This time was the luck of draw for 1st timers. If I would have looked at the address on my info; I would have known they had given us the wrong directions but we were just so anxious to get there, we didn't pay attention. Another year we will know. I'm not sure it's something I would want to go to every year, as it is a 5 1/2 drive, but I would probably go again. At 7:45, much to my surprise, I was able to get a Kailey doll! I had thought by this time they would all be gone. Kit's bed for $20 was a steal and so was the Bitty Baby Crib.
The Benefit Sale was very well organized; in fact, much better than the Vera Bradley Outlet Sale in Indiana. This sale has no limits on it's items and the lines are very long waiting to get into it. This year they ran out of items so at least at the benefit sale has limits to help prevent this happening. Thanks again to each and every one who posted such great information.
Carol